Welcome To Zelo Street!

This is a blog of liberal stance and independent mind

Sunday 6 September 2009

A Message from our Sponsor

Sightseeing is, well, about seeing the sights, not forgetting to take along the camera and record everything for later. My selection from Vienna will appear later on my Fotopic site, which grows like Topsy with each city visit.

Unfortunately, photography now has another dimension: that of avoiding or minimising the sponsor’s message. What do I mean? Well, today when I arrived at the Votivkirche, built to commemorate Franz Josef’s survival of an assassination attempt in 1853, I first wondered if the pattern of the spires had influenced Gaudi in his epic conception of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona.

Then I thought at length how I could get a shot of the place without the stonking great Kia Ceed advert draped down the front of the structure. Unfortunately it wasn’t possible to remove it from view, but by shooting the subject from the south, rather than south east, makes it look less obvious.

Anyhow, don’t let me influence anyone on their choice of new car.

No comments: