Welcome To Zelo Street!

This is a blog of liberal stance and independent mind

Tuesday 22 June 2010

Curry!

Every so often, there arrives an irrational impulse to do something – or, this evening, to eat a different kind of food. It was on the journey back from Augsburg that I made the decision that this evening would be time for a curry. After all, Munich has dozens of restaurants offering Indian cuisine. All that was needed was to find one.

That was not so easy. I was sure that there were several in the area around Isartor, but at first drew a blank. It could have been because I was trusting a recollection of the city from the last time I visited – that was in early 1998, and things change over such a long time.

So back I went to the S-Bahn station. Standing on the platform, the answer came to me: on the wall opposite was an advert for the Garam Masala, apparently only 300 metres distant. And so it was, just off Tal to the south side. So now I have appropriately spiced fingers, and am completely full up, as a result of the vegetable thali coming with a whole naan bread.

Curry craving averted. And you can avert it in most towns and cities across Germany (that’s proper curry, not the worryingly popular currywurst, which can be had almost everywhere).

No comments: