Welcome To Zelo Street!

This is a blog of liberal stance and independent mind

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Sinking Standard

A short break in posting yesterday: I was out and about in London and so took a break from blogging. And so it was that I fetched up at Euston station late afternoon with a little time to kill.

Time was that one might buy a copy of the Evening Standard to pass the time and read on the train journey home. But times change: the paper is now a free sheet, and so getting a copy became a no-brainer – or so I thought.

Because the content of yesterday’s “West End Final” edition was as forgettable as it was shallow. Reading through it within the spare time to hand was so easy that I could have done it twice over. Thus the Standard did not even make it on to the train with me.

The thought entered that you get what you pay for.

No comments: